So, it’s that time of the year again when the weather starts to get cooler and the days start to get shorter, and you may find yourself lacking the motivation to make it to the gym.
Here are some easy tips to spike your motivation:
1. Mix Up: Change your workout routine. Following the same routine can sometimes get a little boring. Talk to your friendly Structure Team to inject fresh ideas to your exercise plan or get a workout routine from the ‘workout board’ to find new ideas.
2. Rest: Making sure you add enough break can be as important as making it to the gym, plan to have days off. This will give you time to relax and unwind, you will find yourself ready for your workout the next day.
3. Bring a buddy: We all like to work out with friends. Find a workout partner who shares similar goals. Committing to meeting them at the gym leaves you with no excuses!
4. Train with an Exercise Professional: Book in with a personal trainer to give you additional support and encouragement.
5. More Water: As winter nears and temperatures begin to drop, the air becomes drier and our bodies receive less moisture than they do during warmer months. A major reason for this lower level of moisture in our bodies is that we tend to stop drinking as much water in winter months. So grab that water bottle and make sure you drink 8-9 glass a day.